8-rösters Wavetable-synt med arpeggiator, sequencer, effekter, m.m. Desktopmodul eller rack.
Argon8M är en 8-rösters polyfonisk Wavetable-synt med 32 oscillatorer (4 per röst). 2-pole morphing resonansfilter (från lågpass, via bandpass till högpass).
Kraftfull modulation med 11 källor och 52 destinationer. 4-axis joystick som kan tilldelas flera modulationsdestinationer. 3 envelopes för amplifier, filter och modulation. 32-stegs arpeggiator, 512-stegs sequencer, inbyggda effekter, 61 fullstora Fatar-tangenter med anslagskänslighet och aftertouch. Chassi av stål och aluminium. Editor för Mac, Win, iOS och Android. Plus mycket mer.
Argon8 joins the growing Modal Electronics family of SKULPT synthesiser, CRAFTsynth 2.0, Modal 002 Hybrid and Modal 008 Analogue Polyphonic synthesisers.
Based around its revolutionary new wavetable synthesiser engine, Argon8 derives much of its heritage and DNA from the highly acclaimed Modal 002.
The Modal 002, first introduced in June 2014 at $4,495 became the benchmark for wavetable synthesis, and is still used and loved by top artists and film and television producers across the globe.
Five years on from Modal 002’s introduction, Modal Electronics has created a completely new synthesiser that takes much of the sound design capability and functionality of the Modal 002 and places it in an incredibly compact and price conscious package – the Modal Argon8.
Modal Argon8 provides a Class Compliant USB MIDI connection, enabling Argon8 to play in an integrated setup, and the free software editor ModalApp is available on MacOSX, Windows, iOS and Android tablets and phones as well as a VST3 and AU plugin for DAW applications.
Argon8’s completely new sound engine enables extremely complex synthesis creation that we believe is hitherto unprecedented at this price point and even for products that are much, much higher.
The level of sophistication of Argon8 is a testament to the dedication, and culmination of almost six years hard work by the young development team based in Bristol – England.
- True 8 voice polyphonic
-120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets, covering virtual analogue classics through to cutting edge EDM and many from the original Modal 002 as well as a whole range of mathematically generated tables. Additional PWM bank and 4 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2.
-28 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify that can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a mind boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes.
-32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice, with 8 types of oscillator modifier including: Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync.
- Two pole morphing resonant filter
- Filter can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Hugely powerful "Mod Matrix" with eight assignable slots with four additional fixed routes, 11 mod sources and 52 destinations
- A 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions
- Two Audio rate LFO’s with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions
- Waveshaping distortion
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user configurable stereo FX engines that can create sophisticated Delays, lush Reverbs, Flanging, Phasing, and Rich Choruses
- Real time sequencer with 512 steps with input quantise and four recordable / editable parameter animations
- All time-based FX, LFO’s and sequencer arpeggio can be either clocked internally or externally
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs and 200 user patch spaces. Patch upload and download through the free MODALapp
- 100 sequencer presets and 100 FX presets
- Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Full size quarter inch jacks for stereo audio outs, headphones and external control such as sustain and expression
- 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Optional software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS, Android with VST3 and AU compatibility – MODALapp can be run within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- Power: DC-9.0V-1.5A